Dehydration is one of the easiest conditions to reverse, but one of the most commonly overlooked.
What role does water play in our body?
(1) Water is the major component of our bodies (our cells and tissues). An adult body 60%, and infant body almost 75%.
(2) Water is the medium of alllll bodily fluids: blood, saliva, digestive juices, urine, sweat etc.
(3) Water plays an important role in the regulation of body temperature. Burning carbs, fat, protein, your body produces heat. Water helps distribute heat throughout the body– Some water is lost by evaporation –> body cools down –> body temperature is maintained.
(4) Water is a universal solvent. It dissolves substances within the digestion process and helps the removal of waste. Water is essential for all the chemical reactions taking place in the body.
(5) Water keeps the body cells clean, and the body joints moist. It acts as lubricant, as saliva and other digestive juices help in the passage of food.
If that doesn’t make you get up and drink a glass of water right now, maybe knowing that doing a quick Google search will show you that 75% of Americans are dehydrated, and they don’t even know it!
Here’s How To Know If You’re Dehydrated:
Cravings for sugar and salt
5 Tips To Increase Your Water Intake?
(1) Keep a glass of water by your bed, to drink when you first wake up. Plus, you know you’re thirsty in the morning. Be your morning self’s best friend and leave yourself water to drink when you rise.
(2) Buy a cool water bottle.
I love my Copper H20 because water stored in 100% copper becomes alkaline water. Plus look at that gleam and design! With my history of dehydration and fainting, it was important I found something that boosts my water intake habits. Copper H20 was the greatest buy!
I also have a Healthish water bottle that holds 1L and fits in allllll cup holders:)
(4) Drink tea.
(5) Drink one glass of water before each meal. Not just during your eats. But before you even chew.
Peace and blessings,
– P. Blessman